Feeling fatigued lately, and maybe even experiencing low-key dread? Thanks to the events of 2020, psychologists say it’s pretty normal for us to feel this way. It was a torrid year. But now things are kind of getting back to normal, meaning it’s time to FLOURISH. We loved a recent article on this concept from the NYT, with tips on how to do just that. Here are a few of our favourites.
- Renew your relationships. Call a friend, meet up for lunch, have a good laugh and talk about all the things that happened in the past year. Catharsis heals.
- Practice gratitude. Numerous studies have shown that keeping a gratitude journal is a game changer for your mindset.
- Reward yourself. It was hard at times to do the bare minimum, but as you get into the groove of things, notice your little achievements and milestones. It can be as simple as cooking a simple meal or finally cleaning out that closet you’d been avoiding.
- Find new interests. We don’t blame you if you got bored of the puzzles and painting projects you took up when lockdown started.
- Do good. Find communities where you can volunteer, or set up your own volunteer programme. The act of giving gives us greater purpose and fulfilment.
This article appeared as part of The Wrap, 15 April 2021. Sign up to receive our weekly updates